Handling of personal information
Established: July 7, 2004
Revised: March 18, 2019
Kazuhiro Nakai, Chief Executive Officer, Atlas Co., Ltd.
Recognizing its social responsibility for protecting the personal information it handles, Atlas creates a personal information protection management system to protect the rights of the information entity, comply with laws and regulations concerning personal information, and embody the following policies. Atlas declares that it will keep improving its personal information protection management system with the whole company, focusing on the latest movements of IT technology, changes in social requirements, and fluctuations in the business environment.
- Atlas will gather and use personal information only for accomplishment of its legal business operations and employment and within the range necessary for human resources management. It will also take and accurately implement the measures necessary for not using such information for purposes other than those specified.
- Atlas will implement reasonable safety measures to prevent and correct risks of unauthorized access to, leakage, loss, and falsification of, and damage to personal information and keep improving its personal information security system by using its business resources suitable for the actual situation of its business operation.
- Atlas will follow laws and regulations, and the central government’s guidelines and criteria concerning personal information protection. Atlas also complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for personal information obtained from the residents in the EEA (European Economic Area).
- Atlas will appoint a manager in charge of handling of personal information to thoroughly execute its personal information protection policy.
- Atlas will have a contact point that sincerely handles complaints and consultation over the handling of personal information.
- Atlas will review and keep improving its personal information protection management system appropriately and as necessary in response to changes in the environment surrounding it, including social conditions and the movements of IT technology.
These policies will be thoroughly disseminated to all executives and employees to educate and enlighten the employees and always raise their awareness of personal information protection.
Purpose of using personal information
Atlas will use personal information within the necessary range in order to achieve the following purposes of business operation and use:
- System entrusted development, operation, and maintenance
- Development and operation of web service
- Construction and maintenance of network
- Atlas employee screening and employment management
Purposes of use
- To exercise the rights or fulfill obligations based on contracts and laws concerning Atlas’s business operations
- For appropriate and smooth execution of Atlas’s business operations
- For appropriate and smooth execution of entrusted business operations if entrusted by other operators with the whole or partial processing of personal information
- For appropriate and smooth execution of dealing with customers, including communication over a deal or sending greeting cards
- To ensure Atlas’s security, such as use of and access to computer systems
- For Atlas’s employment screening
- For employment management
Procedures for making public or correcting personal information
Atlas responds to requests for disclosure, change, and suspension of use of personal information to be made public from the owner of the information or a representative of the owner.
Documents to be submitted to request disclosure
Document issued by a public institution within three months before, driver’s license, health insurance card (or copy), or bill (for disclosure, change, or suspension of use) that can identify the individual. *Please redact your legal domicile with a permanent marker. I appreciate your cooperation.
Documents to be submitted when your representative requests disclosure
Document issued by a public institution within three months before, driver’s license, health insurance card (or copy), or bill (for disclosure, change, or suspension of use) that can identify the individual, letter of attorney for representative, and document of a public institution that proves the identity of the representative. *Please redact your legal domicile with a permanent marker. I appreciate your cooperation.
Response to request for disclosure
Atlas will respond to the request by a principal limit reception mail after confirming the information.
Purpose of using personal information gathered by request for disclosure
The information will be used only to meet the request and will be promptly disposed of after responding to the request.
Commission for request for disclosure
Expenses for disclosure will not be charged for the time being but may be charged depending on the future development of the business operation.
Address to which documents for requesting disclosure
Personal Information Disclosure Section, Atlas Co., Ltd.
2F Daiwa Jinbo-cho Bldg. 2-4-63 Jinbo-cho, Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0051 Japan
Consultation or complaint over handling of personal information
In addition to the address for disclosure request, contact the following address for consultation or complaint:
Personal information customer desk
Use status and analysis of website
Use of Google Analytics
Google Analytics can be disabled from the following Google Analytics opt-out add-on page:
Google Analytics opt-out add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Use of Kairos3
Kairos3 can be disabled from the following page:
Kairos3 – Stop web access analysis https://optout-cookie.k3r.jp/ (Japanese)